Sunday, 15 March 2015

My Last Mac&Cheese Pit Stop

Mac&Cheese week is wrapping up, if you guys haven't hit up a any of participating restaurants, you still have time, tomorrow is the last day.

So it turns out I managed to fit in a 3rd mac&cheese. My last mac&cheese was at Burger Royal

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-Burger-Royale


How have I never heard of this place, I love burgers!

The moment you walk in there is a huge mural with a burger on it, it's a sign for me to return for a burger and a shake.

Mtl-Burger-Royale-2

Now onto the mac&cheese

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-Burger-Royale-3

Burger Royal's special mac&cheese was composed of homemade bechamel sauce mixed with bolognese sauce topped of with some basil.  Burger Royal's mac&cheese was just ok, it actually kinda of reminded me of the lasagna I use to have back in high school. The pasta tasted like it came straight out of a box and it was lacking the cheese taste, where was the cheese in the mac&cheese?

I actually had a tough time finishing it, which is a first for me. After having homemade pasta from EVOO, nothing comes quite close. Hands down EVOO was my favorite mac&cheese of the week

But what was quite tasty was the side order of fries we ordered

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-Burger-Royale-Atomic-Fries
Atmoic Fries

Burger Royal has quite an interesting menu, everything on it seems to have a twist, there are endless combination of fries, mac&cheese, and burgers.  They even have quite an interesting milk shake menu, in the mood for a reese's milk shake or perhaps a coffee crisp milk shake? well Burger Royal is the place for you.
Although their mac&cheese wasn't my favorite, I'm definitely interested in going back for a burger and fries, the nacho fries definitely caught my eye.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment